#7   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 07:22

Plan: ex-atkins
Stats: 175/105/115 Female 5 ft 0
BF:
Progress: 117%

Hi there,
Yeah yeah, second what others says but,
I am a college student too, and In terms of cutting back drinking while remaining social I reccomend the following:

1. Treat drinking as a treat. Don't drink until the 'night'/occassion starts - in the old days I could easily rack up a couple of drinks before my whole crowd even arrived. Now I wait until a level of organisation of night time festivities exists, and sometimes even have my first drink when everybdoy else is on their secound.

2. Don't drink not to get drunk.. umm, sounds kind of alcoholic, but what I mean is that those times you just have a couple of pints with mates are wasteless expenditure of carbs/alcohol on a not very meomorable evening. Choose your drinking times - a quiet Wednesday at the uni bar with beers can be just as pleasant sans alcohol, and save your drinking for a Saturday night occasion - an occasion where you honestly believe intoxication/alchol added to the event!

3. Progress through OWL. As well as the whole keotosis and alcohol danger thingimee, a burning alchol vacation is less of a shock if your body is used to burning a few carbos as well as fat.

4. I don't understand drink sizings in the US but I ask for my shot in a midi glass (like, larger) with extra diet, this way my drinks last longer but are less alcoholic.