View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 23:00

Plan: atkins 20-30 carbs
Stats: 164/155/125 Female 61
BF:30%/?/?
Progress: 23%
Question Help! I just got final results from my doc.

Well, I went to the doctor today for my ultrasound results and here goes. It turns out the excrutiating pain I experienced a few weeks ago could be related to these three factors just discovered.1) He says I have calcifications in my spleen (calcium as he calls it)? 2) He says I have a small stone in my left kidney and 3) a cyst in my right kidney.

My question is this. Does anyone know if I should take any precautions do to these findings? The doc says to return in one month to redo the ultrasound on the kidneys. Should I ask to see a urologist? Problem is I suffer from Lupus which is now in remission but I always heard the biggest complication was with the kidneys and now I find out this. Please help. I am so concerned about eating red meat and I dont know if theres anything I can do in regards to altering the atkins in any way. More fiber, less fat, maybe you all know of certain foods I need to avoid. Please anyone that knows I'd appreciate your expertise with advice about kidneys and the spleen.

Thank you so much.
Terry

I forgot to mention that at times in the day I have some back discomfort around the kidneys. I told the doc and he says lets wait a month?!?
Sponsored Links