#10   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 21:53

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenzday
SCAREY!!!!!!!!!! I was always concerned about the effects of ANYTHING extra besides ketosis on my body... I felt so paranoid about it ALL the time actually... have had too many lectures against it perhaps. I cant see how it could really be so dangerous to be into it though or wouldnt there be huge warnings and a million books being pulled from shelves of stores? ah yea... Even Atkins mentions ppl who did induction for years...I am sure it must be alright then. I am jsut a paranoid person sometimes.

Ketosis is just as natural as menstruation. You do not HAVE to be eating a lc woe to experience ketosis. All you have to do is burn fat. Ketones are the harmless by-products of burning unwanted fat. Athletes experience ketosis on a regular basis and they probably don't even realize it because it is not acknowledged. California's new governor has, no doubt, spent many hours in ketosis. I have total recall of having that metallic taste in my mouth many times...long before doing Atkins. I now assume that I was in ketosis at that time. Therefore, ketosis is a safe body process that, probably, everyone has experienced at some point in their lives.