Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 17:37
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 280/118/117.5 Female 5ft 5.25 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotbeer
So, Veronica Atkins is now demonized for having learned how to play the sound bite game that was used against her husband for thirty years?

That makes me respect her more, not less - in one stroke she has turned the hyberbole of her husband's unsavory opponents against them. Good for her.

Clearly, some would rather have seen her continue to ignore the outlandish attacks - but I wonder: how many times would YOU ignore a worldwide slander against YOUR family before YOU lashed back? We've got hundreds of those attacks posted right here in this forum - it is time we granted her the chance for a counterpunch.

Veronica Atkins's love and respect for her irascible husband endures beyond his death. I hope that, if the time ever comes for me to defend my family and friends, that my reaction is just as vigorous, heartfelt, and dead-on accurate.

I agree completely.

She is showing remarkable restraint considering the incredible brassy violation of civil rights the animal rights extremists are inflicting upon her and her family. How anyone could not see the similarities between fanatical islamic extremists and these obscene, vulgar, disrespectful and (indirectly) murderous animal rights extremists is just beyond me. The only tangible difference between the two, is the animal rights extremists are cowards; they refuse to openly state and act on their true beliefs. They refuse to admit they don't value human life and freedoms above their subjective moral dogmas. The truth is, to the animal rights extremist groups, saving animals is the most important thing and human prosperity, health, and freedom are all secondary. PCRM cowers behind lies, they pretend to be acting in the best interest of human health and prosperity. Hogwash, obviously. If this were true, then why do they care not to pay attention to the millions of humans who were saved fromt he brink of death by atkins-like programs? Why would they sooner send these people back to ill health on high-carbohydrate diets? As far as PCRM is concerned, as long as those people are eating animal flesh as part of their treatment, then they should be dead, and the world would be better off because "the animals are safe". To them, there is no exuse for not eating vegan, and if you eat animals you are a murderer and therefore your passing is justified.

There is not a doubt in my mind, that underneath, they really do believe that all people who fight against adopting a vegan lifestyle are murderers, and the world would be better off without them.