Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 280/118/117.5 Female 5ft 5.25 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pd Rydia
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but the PCRM has yet to *kill anyone.*

This is true, they haven't directly killed anyone. However, when it comes down to it, these animal rights extremists feel the lives of animals are equal, if not morally superior to the lives of flawed human beings. This is the extremist religious-like subjective moral position the activist group(s) rest upon. They have a moral agenda to push at all costs, they care nothing for science or ethics.

Ultimately, if a diet which includes eating animal flesh would improve the health of a certain percentage of humans to the point of even saving their lives from diseases (diabesity & syndrome x); then the PCRM/PETA/ALF would sooner let those people die a slow painful death of ill health, rather than advocate a non-vegan diet. Attempting to force all people into a diet which may be poisonous to some, to me, is advocation of murder (via poisoning) to advance their religion. Very taliban-like behavior.

I think comparing militant animal rights extremists to other religious extremists is a fairly apt comparison.