#6   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 12:53
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 185/175/135 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default i read the article

I read the article and it was very disappointing. The woman who wrote the article was telling of her mother's weightloss on Atkins and her own opinions and even admitted to trying it but couldn't stick with it. It was very on the fence in it's presentation. It was titled completely wrong and I felt absloutely baffled that they would allow that article to be printed. The author even eluded to something about atkins not being helathy because it caused her mom pains in her joints, foggy memory.....etc,etc. but that her mother was still happy cause all she cared about was the weight she lost. I was like "what's that suppose to mean" that Atkins caused her moms joint pains. We don't know what kind of supplements this woman was taking....what exactly she was eating. It just really gets on my nerve when I hear people talking or furthermore writing an article in a world renowned magazine about something for which they know nothing about(her second hand knowlege is not enough) Her and her mom live in separate cities so she couldn't document anything true about Atkins at all. I generally like Oprah's articles but this one....I truly was disappointed with. Especially the title: "THE TRUTH ABOUT ATKINS".