Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 12:19
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 280/203/200 Male 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromVA
I have been trying to decide how to respond to Klodomir all morning...thanks, Gotbeer, for doing it for me and doing it so well.

My pleasure - I was up most of the night fuming over this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pd Rydia
Yes, good for her that she degraded to the name-calling that her opponents do?

YES! Absolutely!! - in the modern media world, such "name-calling" is essential to getting one's message out - to fail to do that is to lose the argument. In person-to-person interactions name-calling is inappropriate, but the international media is a completely different beast and must be approached with those differences in mind.

Quote:
And when did I ever say she was suddenly a terrible person for having done so? I don't approve of the action, I have no opinion on the person. Please don't get righteous and huffy because I don't agree with you. I have every right to my opinion...you DON'T need to attack me because I don't agree with you!

I wasn't attacking you personally, either - rather, I was merely engaging your opinions.

Quote:
Sometimes I think this forum is just as unfriendly as some of the people we decry!

Honest vigor in defending one's opinions does not mean that one is being unfriendly - merely vigorous in our dissent.

This forum welcomes debate and yet is much friendlier than any other forum I've ever been a part of.