View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 08:30

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Meg, sorry but I forgot to address your question from last night. You said that suddenly you're getting cravings. The purpose of Induction is to burn off all the stored carbs in your body. That usually takes 2 to 3 days, depending. The sudden cravings might have to do with that.

My advice is to stick it out. Have some SF jello with whipped cream (real, if you can get it) or a lean protein snack or some cheese or something. Different things work for different people. Some people like a tablespoon or two of heavy cream in SF soda (like in root beer or black cherry or orange).

When I was on Induction, I don't really remember any cravings. I did, however, have a small SF jello with whipped cream every night after dinner. I'd buy the little tubs rather than make my own -- more expensive, but portion control is better. Also, I was a canned whipped cream kind of gal. Yes, it has a touch of sugar, but not much. And the little bit you can actually squirt onto the top of one of those little plastic tubs isn't much.

Ellie is on Induction right now, so maybe you two can exchange some ideas. I'm on Induction levels of carbs, but not true Induction in that I eat things that are not allowed on true Induction (like nuts and seeds).

Hope this helps!