#22   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 01:46
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 253/195/175 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 74%

MJ,

This is not your fault. If anyone is to blame, it is the people who gave us that phony food pyramid and told us that bread was a "healthy part of a balanced diet"(I have come to despise that phrase).

Low carbing does work. You are making wonderful progress. Just think of how far you have come. And once you have reached your goal, you will be able to stay there.

For me personally, I took about 6 or 7 weeks off of atkins, just to see what it would be like. The first few weeks, I added back in everything except for processed sugar, potatoes and high carb bread. I allowed myself to have bannanas, apples, Kool Aid(w/ splenda), diet sodas galore, milk, LC sliced wheat bread, corn, and a ton of other things. There was no part of me that felt like I was on a diet, and essentially I did not gain any weight whatsoever. You can do it too.

Stay strong. You were not the cause of what is bothering you, but you are definitely a part of the solution. You should be so proud of yourself. A lot of people in the world wish they could do what you have done. And the more you go, the better it will be.

TC