View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Feb-16-04, 15:36
Former Couch Potato

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 209/195.5/165 Female 5' 8"
BF:Oh yeah!
Progress: 31%

What you say makes a lot of sense, and I have definitely been experiencing that lately. My weight loss is slower now, but when it happens, I always get that crazy hunger and cravings again. It only started happening when I'd lost about 40 lbs. Before that I stuck to Induction levels and the cravings were under control.

It could be leptin as you say. I was also rereading portions of Atkins for Life last night. He says this is something you must learn to deal with - that the cravings and hunger WILL come back when you go through OWL and start adding carbs. The idea being that you will have developed some tools to deal with them. Sad, but true I fear.

I also have noticed that I am getting more marked PMS-type symptoms when I ovulate now, i.e. the hunger, moodiness, cravings, etc. I know this is common for some women, but new to me in the last 2-3 months. Before, I couldn't have told you, from physical signs, when I ovulated, but now I definitely know, without having to count days.

All in all, LC has just made me a lot more in tune with my body and mindful of my eating. Some of this is great, and some of it is a PITA!