View Single Post
  #16   ^
Old Mon, Feb-19-01, 07:23

Plan:
Stats: 165/160/135
BF:
Progress:

Claudio, it can be very hard to get a doctor to listen to you when you have a problems like yours. I had some similar problems to what you are describing and it turned out that in addition to a slow thyroid (which was being treated already), my cortisol levels were too high due to a very low level of DHEA. Either one of these problems could cause the symptoms you indicate.

DHEA is a steroid that occurs in large abundance in your body and is the "mother hormone" to many others. I suggest that you read about it but proceed with caution because it is potentially dangerous if you do not need it. Your doctor can order a test to monitor your levels or you can order it from the internet and send it in yourself. Please note that if you are under 40, you probably do not need it. In the USA, DHEA can be purchased at a health food store, but it is a presecription item in many others.

Another possible cause of your problem could be an underactive thyroid. Have you had it tested?

I went undiagnosed for years and it took an open-minded practioner to discover the truth.
Sponsored Links