View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Feb-16-04, 06:50

Plan: Lyle Style FD
Stats: 143/124.5/123 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:24.8%
Progress: 93%

I'm so glad that the "candy season" is coming to an end. (The candy season is, for those who haven't figured it out, Halloween/Christmas/Valentine's/Easter/Mother's Day, or September through May.) Let's hope that they don't come up with Father's Day, Independence Day or Labor Day themed candies!
Even though it can be a frustrating experience to walk past the candy displays (which are in-your-face unavoidable most of the time) I now can resist the urge to grab a bag of candy without too much trouble. Even the sugar-free varieties don't appeal to me very much.

I have discovered also that the "discomfort" from eating any type of "pure-sugar" treats are not worth it (including the SF). I tend to get bad leg cramps in my calves and thighs when I eat real sugar and intestinal cramps if I eat phony sugar on top of all the other bad reactions to too many carbs.

So, while those Hershey's candy-coated chocolate eggs used to be my Easter favorite, I now look at them and think of the "yuk" or "pain" that will ensue if I eat them, and can pass them by very easily.

Joan