View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Feb-15-04, 15:55

Plan: lowcarb hybrid
Stats: 185/150/144 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

That was a good idea about the cucumbers. Thanks! Cucumbers in vinegar or a tiny bit of sour cream hit the spot even at breakfast. I don't really like veggies but since this plan is really working for me and veggies are a big part of it, I am determined to eat more of them. Another thing that has really worked for me is to make a very simple soup. I use low-carb chicken broth (1 gram of carb per cup), one cup for however many servings of soup I'm going to make. Usually I bring 2 cups of broth to a boil and add 2 servings of frozen veggies. Last night I added frozen cut green beans and frozen cut okra (hey, I'm from the south). Let it cook for a couple of minutes and you're done. It was hot and actually kind of filling (also the first time I'd ever eaten okra voluntarily and it was good!) I have also cooked up a spinach/cauliflower mix using frozen of both and added a bit of cream cheese at the end. That was also good. I'm tryling to get away from adding cream or cheese or cream cheese because I think adding all that fat might negate some of the good of the vegetables, but a little bit added at the end for seasoning adds a lot of flavor. I thought if I had to face another salad I would run out of the room screaming so this soup thing is working out well- at any CM, for me.