#11   ^
Old Sun, Feb-15-04, 12:39
Jen B

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Default Aspartame

I have read an awful lot of downright scary information about Aspartame. I have come to believe that it is a deadly poison, and not only for fibromyalgia sufferers, but for human comsumption in general. It was approved for use without the proper protocol, and it is put into a large array of packaged foods. It is touted as being safe ... but it is anything BUT! It has been linked to Parkinson's Disease, Alzheimer's, and a whole bunch of other diseases and ailments, and it wreaks absolute havoc on diabetics. Why is this happening? Moolah. And big corporate might & muscle.

If you want to do some very enlightening reading about it, type "Idaho Observer" into Google or another search engine. Then open "Artificially Sweetened Times." This bit of reading is sort of lengthy, but oh so informative.

I personally won't touch the stuff, not even in a stick of gum! There are other sugar alternatives that won't "put a nail in your coffin," like I'm convinced Aspartame does. I'm working on ridding myself entirely of my "taste for sweet" by foregoing sugar alternatives as much as possible. This approach is not for everyone ... but for me, I know that if I don't taste "sweet," I eventually lose my craving for it.

Best of luck!
Jen B