View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Feb-15-04, 08:41
Doctor Dirt

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 218.2/195.0/145 Female 5'9"
BF:43.6%/31.0%/22.0%
Progress: 32%

I watched the Larry King Live interview last night (twice!). I was struck by what a soft spoken and gentle man Dr. Atkins was. I would SO much have liked to meet him and give him a BIG hug for changing my life in so many ways.

That aside, I was also VERY put off by how RUDE Larry King was. Does he usually interrupt his guests so often? Obviously, LK doesn't follow the low-carb lifestyle -- he had a real problem with the fat content of a lot of the foods. (Hasn't LK had some heart surgeries in the past?) And although Dr. Atkins stressed continuously how many vegetables he eats, LK couldn't get it through his thick ugly skull that the Atkins WOE is more than eating gobs of meat.

What an excellent illustration of how VERY frustrating it must have been for Dr. Atkins to try to get his message across to the American public for all those years.

My favorite part of the interview was when LK asked Dr. Atkins if he doesn't want to say "I told you so" to the medical establishment (which had JUST grudgingly started to admit that the Atkins WOE might in fact work), and Dr. Atkins said, "Of COURSE I do!" Heh heh.

Jeannie