View Single Post
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Feb-14-04, 16:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

I do think I got fat eating way too much of all the wrong things. I know what I was eating and why I am fat. I do believe that I am also genetically predisposed and insulin resistent after years of eating that way then yo-yo dieting my way down again. I certainly know what made me fat! But I do think that many TDC folks have metabolic differences that make them far more likely to gain weight and not be able to take it off.

For instance, I absolutely believe that some folks who pursue weight loss surgery can lose no other way. We have many people here on the forum who were unable to lose with weight watchers or any low-cal program even though they were just as religious with it as they were with low-carbing. I can't say that - I lose weight pretty much the same regardless of the plan, I just didn't stick with them because I was miserable. Weight Watchers cannot explain it - I think there is still a lot we don't know about body chemistry and the role of hormones in all of this. The science is still in its infancy stage.