View Single Post
  #16   ^
Old Sat, Feb-14-04, 15:13
~Return to Reality~

Plan: LCHF also RNY Bypass
Stats: 288.8/183.6/159 Female 5'7"
BF:I/don't/know
Progress: 81%

From the posts, it certainly sounds like we could keep a couple of therapists busy for awhile sounding out reasons and so forth.

I am 51 and have been either obese or on a yo-yo my whole life. I was 220 in high school and 150 when I was married and last year was 280.

Over this time, I know I have had emotional issues -- I ate from boredom, loneliness, you name it, I ate for it. Are they the cause of the obesity or the result or completely disconnected? I don't know.

I have known for a long time that I was addicted to food. What I didn't realize was that I was not addicted to all food. So over the years, the low fat diets worked but I still had cravings that were not satisfied -- I just managed to put mind and results over matter. I didn't understand the underlying premise with the LC WOE until I finally read Atkins and at that point, the light bulb did go on -- that was in September.

I won't guarantee that I will never again grab some chocolate to heal a wound. But I do know that if I do, I will know full well what it will do to me. And that is a huge step in making full peace with the addiction that I have.

Again, thanks for the thread, InControl
Sponsored Links