View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Feb-14-04, 15:09
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 280/118/117.5 Female 5ft 5.25 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

Alright, you know yourself better than I do. If you insist you ate normally, have a completely normal relationship with food, but still became almost 400 pounds, who am I to say you are wrong. You don't have to get offended and be rude. I wasn't trying to call you a liar, I was just saying that the number of people who claim they don't have any behavioral problems with food is grossly incongruent with the number of people who actually do. Just because you have a "lightbulb moment" with low carb doesn't mean you don't have issues with food.

All I am saying is that a very, very tiny fraction of atkins dieters keep the weight off... and it is about the same as other diets. The facts are, most people do not succeed at maintenance. This is because for the overwhelming majority of obese people there is a psychological/behavioral component there causing weight gain or impeding successful maintenance, and they fail to address it.

In other words:
MOST obese people think they eat normally and maintaining weight will be easy once they find a plan that works.
MOST obese people do not maintain successfully, even on their "plan that works".
You can't argue with facts, can you? Those are the facts.

The facts may not apply to you personally, you might be a statistical anomaly. I played the odds when I recommended you examine your behavior with food, don't take it as a personal insult. I would say it to anyone who was dieting for the simple reason that it applies to like 90% of people.