View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Feb-14-04, 10:24

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Rob:
So what does my favorite yeti have planned for this three day weekend?

Bawdy:
I too was very upset at the release of Dr Atkins personal info and the lack of responsible journalism in not checking out the actual facts before printing this. I complained to several editors yesterday. I have also been taking some action against PCRM and it board members - this is the organization that obtained and gave the postmortem report to the press.

Lissette and other who have asked about my calorie calculations:
I found for my history that I lose best when eating 9 to 10 calories per pound of current body weight. To find out what this range is for you - multiple you current weight in pounds by 10 - this is the maximum calories. Subtract you current weight from the maximum calories and this is the minimum amount. So, for me: 176 lbs X 10 = 1760. 1760 - 176 = 1584.

Lissette:
So sorry to hear of your mother's injuries. Hope she recovers quickly.

Elaine:
Cool re: LC at work and your working out.

RobinBeBe:
Congrats on the 2lb loss

I lost 24 lbs before my first size shift. I think the larger sizes 'cover more territory' than the smaller sizes. Most plus-size fashions for seem to fit more loosely than those in the smaller sizes - and waistbands often are fully or partly elastic.

I ran into a guy I used to work with yesterday - someone who had not seen me since May. His first comment was - "wow, you've lost a lot of weight". As you say, people who see us every day usually don't notice. The only time they have commented in my experience is when I switched from wearing 'mumu' type dresses to more fitted and flattering styles and wearing fitted pants and slim tops. I think the styles of clothing available in the larger sizes hide our loss.

Kristine:
Great to see you. Hope the water weight is gone today and you & your honey have a wonderful Valentines dinner.

Michele:
Glad you recognize that flucuations are normal - especially for us ladies. Hang in there - this too shall pass.

Your experience with ladies' colothing sizes seems to be similar to mine. I started at women's size 20 and men's size 42 - now I'm a solid size 16 and men's 38's are too loose, but 36's are still too tight.

black57:
I caught flack from coworkers about my WOE at first -- It amazed me that some could dis my simple meats and loads of veggies while chowing down on on a fast-food burger meal - supersized and others looked longly at my meals while eating what I called "dinky dinners" - WW, Lean Cuisine, Healthy Chioce frozen meals. But......as I lost weight and all but one of them didn't... they started trying to LC - they wouldn't read the books and therefore didn't do it right. It didn't work well (imagine that) -- two of the heaviest did get serious enough to read the books. One has lost 62 lbs since April. The other.... well, I really wish she would attend some Overeaters Anonymous meetings. I don't think she can successfully use any WOE until she deals with some emotional issues.

Charran:
Congrats on the lost lb.

About eating out...I do it quite frequently and have only found two places where I couldn't find anything - Captain D's and Long John Silvers fast-food fish - Everything there is fried in oil or served on a huge bed of rice. No salads without items fried in trans-fatty oils. even at the Mexican place and at the Lebanese place last night, I could eat LC (I didn't, but that is my own fault). Most restaurants will gladly sub a veggie for tators. Most fast-food places have a side salad and at least one suitable dressing.

Ellie:
Hope your tummy has recovered. Wonderful Valentine surprises - clone that man

Sending good thoughts your way re: induction. It has worked for me in controlling my raging appetite.

unity:
Also sending good thoughts your way on your Monday restart. Hope your DH has a wonderful b-day Sunday.

Smoothblu:
Good to see you checking in - thanks for the backpacking links - I'm studying the Ray-way tarp/ tent with a nest - will have to do some modifications - make it larger and add a window to the nest. I cannot stay in any small enclosed space without a window at all and in really small space even with a window for long periods. I spent four days in very space several years ago and it left me with unshakable claustrophobia. I have a 3 man dome-style backpack tent I used for years, but I can't even zip it closed now because of that.

simplydawn:
Giggling re: your Valentine 'gift' from ysterday. Thanks for the flowers today.

So you're giving yourself a tattoo as a reward... what and where Seriously, ignore that question if it is too personal.

Mark & Keith - where are y'all hiding? Marnie, we miss you. And Wendy.... I know its Valentines Day, but how about coming up for air and waving at us?