View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Feb-14-04, 10:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 282/236/150 Female 67.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 35%
Unhappy Worried about an 8-day Mission Trip . . .

Hi, everyone! I need some help!

Two weeks from today, I'm going with a group of college students on a mission trip to Alabama. We'll be helping to set up a local tutoring program and helping with building and facilities repairs.

Although I'm really excited about the trip, the opportunities to meet and help people, and to be active (and warm!), I'm nervous about eating. We'll be living in Missionary housing, and I know that the churches in the area will be feeding us.

I feel it would be rude to "not eat" if they have mac and cheese or chili or spaghetti (major cheap food staples for these kinds of programs). I also feel it would be hard to get anything else to eat while there. We'll have a van, but the store is 7.2 miles away (I asked)--not a realistic daily walk for me right now.

I did buy a bunch of locally made, vacuum-sealed "beef sticks" (not the nitrates or preservatives of slim jims), and I did buy a box of Morning Start bars. I'll take both of these with me. We're only allowed one bag/suitcase, so I thought I might try to take a Keto shake mix container with me, too. I'm hoping to have a little protien (eggs? bacon?) and some salad or legal veggies served, but who knows?

Add to it all that there is a big, multi-group Dairy Queen party (I'm thinkin' hamburgers! not ice cream ), and I'm hoping to make due.

Does anyone have any suggestions?? Remember, for 2 of the 8 days, I'll be traveling with no fridge. While there, I don't "get to leave". And, I only get 1 bag/suitcase to put my clothes, books, and other things in.

Please help! Thanks in advance!

Sue
Sponsored Links