View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Oct-02-01, 12:11
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%
Default Liquid Splenda (absolutely no carbs)

It's TIME once again to make our voices heard, and to be persisent. There's a very good reason I'm saying this right now. I happened to be having a look at the http://www.LowCarbLuxury.com/featurearticles.html site (US-based) and RIGHT AT THE TOP is a 'rumour' as follows:

Quote:
Here's the scoop! Liquid Splenda will be here shortly –– right on your grocer's shelf! It will first be available at the Splenda website to order online, then will go to general distribution! (Currently liquid Splenda is available only through several online merchants who import it from Brazil, hence it is considerably more costly.)

They're a bit off, the online merchants have lost access to most of the liquid Splenda (rumour has it the manufacturer J&J is leaning on them and the distributors can't get it). The present state of affairs in CANADA is that large quantities only can be sold to commercial operations that use it in products. Ouch.

So, I called the Splenda Canada 'hotline' at 1-800-561-0070 and made a FORMAL request (write this down, take my name and number) for Liquid Splenda at the retail level in this country. Here's the kicker... the lady I spoke to said that in a year she's only had 2 (I'm #2) requests for Liquid Splenda, lots of requests for Brown Splenda, more packets, stuff like that. I gave her a brief thumbnail sketch of the North American growth (explosive) of folks with an interest in zero-carb no-filler Splenda (i.e., hypoglycemics, diabetics and the glucose intolerant, just for starters.

ANYWAY! To make a long story short, if you want access to Liquid Splenda in the forseeable future:
- please call the 800 number above and ask for it, FIRMLY.
- ask your grocery store manager to ask his Distributors for it.
Repeat often.

Thank you!