View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-12-04, 18:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 222/213/135 Female 5'7"
BF:47%
Progress: 10%
Default Anyone else counting calories?

I'm sort of at a stand still. I lost 9 pounds in the first 5 days of induction and haven't dropped a pound since. I'm in the middle of my fourth week. I feel so awesome though, that I truly see this as a way of life rather than just a diet to lose weight.

In that regards...I ALSO want to lose weight, lol. So, each month I've decided to increase my exercise routine just a little bit (right now it's at 3 swims, 2 walks per week=5 x 30 min workouts/week).

But...I also went over to fitday and started to record what I was eating all day. I was curious to see my caloric, fat and protein intake...and counting carbs this way is so easy! I noticed that I'm at an equilibrium between calories in and calories out.

This made me ecstatic...actually, because I WASN'T counting calories, I wasn't hungry!, and I wasn't overeating! Things I haven't been my whole life...just wonderful.

But I'm wondering if it's smart to start decreasing my caloric intake...just slightly. I'm thinking that if I just cut 2 tbs butter in a recipe to 1, and cut an ounce off a steak and dont eat it, etc...essencially cut just 2-300 calories per day out of my diet if I'll start losing weight again.

Has anyone else experimented with this? I dont want to cut out vegie calories, but my only other choice is fat and protein...not sure where to start?
Sponsored Links