View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Feb-12-04, 18:06

Plan: Atkins since 5/27/03
Stats: 202/167/150 Female 67.25
BF:
Progress: 67%

This happened to me once - I was 17 (I'm 33 now) and had been dumped by my first love. It was not a conscious decision on my part, but I just couldn't eat. I weighed a very healthy 135-138 and in about a month dropped to 118 - the weight I graduated high school at couldn't sleep because my HIP bones hurt and stuck out too much - anyway...I simply could not eat. I had no appetite and found myself specifically ordering food that I loved in restaurants and eating two bites and feeling "full". I wasn't nauseas or anything and my aunt thought I was anorexic - I was not. I was DEPRESSED.

Don't be afraid to eat. Your body needs the nutrition it gets from food (not only calories it burns from fat). You may not eat as much as you did prior to your husband "needing a break" but do try to eat something. It sounds like you are doing this, but make sure you are taking some vitamins as well. I wouldn't add this to your pile of worries. You will eat normally again, have you sought counseling - in whatever form works for you, friends, family, a more structured environment, like a counselor? I'm sure you are in pain - I have been separated and subsequently divorced and then later remarried myself. It took a long time to get past that betrayal, longer than it took to get over the initial shock and pain. My advice is to try not get eating/not eating mixed up psychologically with what is happening in your marriage. It is truly the opposite of comfort eating and deriving anything from lost appetite can lead to different eating disorders/self esteem issues. Be careful and just remember that depression can cause this lack of appetite and that while the benefits might be good (for weight loss, I mean) you need to fuel yourself for a lot of other reasons. PM if you'd like. Take care.