Thread: Low Blood Sugar
View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Feb-12-04, 15:25

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 213/141/150 Female 5'4 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 114%

I was diagnosed with hypoglycemia about 3 years ago....went and took the 6 hour test and thought I was going to die! This was in conjuction with some problems I had been having with depression, by the way! The doc that gave me the test was a psychiatrist!!! Anyway...he gives me this sheet of paper that has directions and a list of foods on it that I can eat and those I need to stay away from...well...it lasted about 3 days.

Two years later I finally cave and read DANDR....guess what? It is the EXACT same diet my doc gave me to get the hypo under control!!!! Within the two week induction period my husband started noticing that I wasn't as moody, depressed or critical as before...and it's just continued to get better. I also suffered from MANY other hypo symptoms and they are all cleared up. DANDR has a whole section (maybe chapter) on hypoglycemia. I was just rereading it last night as a matter of fact. Go read it right now....then reread the rest of the book and know that you can stick with this woe and you're hypo will be healed!!!

You unwittingly (or blessedly) chose the EXACT diet you needed!!! Congratulations!