#2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-12-04, 15:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 275.0/220.0/185.0 Male 72.5 inches
BF:??%/25.7%/??%
Progress: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustycat
So, a ton of threads and posts concern stomach fat and how its so hard to loose/the last thing to go.... i know i'm pretty close to my goal weight and yet still have a flabby stomach that won't seem to go away no matter how many crunches I do! I guess its all genetic--where you build fat, where you loose it, and i know you can't spot reduce fat and all those arguments....but here's my question. How come all the South Beach diets say belly fat is the first to go??? Have most people on Atkins lost belly fat first or last and can SBD really get rid of belly fat(though i don't think i'd abandon atkins)...just wondering, what gives?!
No matter how many crunches, butt exercises, etc... that someone does, you can only tone those muscles. A fitness video that I have states it this way: you cannot spot fat reduce. The first place where fat will be burned is the last place that your body stored it. It's the LIFO method!!! For all non-accounting or business majors: Last In, First Out. I don't see how SBD can make that claim.