View Single Post
  #52   ^
Old Thu, Feb-12-04, 13:57

Plan: Neanderthin
Stats: 269/176/165 Male 68"
BF:55+%/23%/15%
Progress: 89%
Cool More power to you!

I forgot the name of the person who is on WW and trying to do the LC thing to "lose those last few pounds." If you're on WW, stick to it! If you want to try LC, stick to it! Don't mix the two together. It just won't work. You will mess up both WOE. I lost 117 pounds on WW, am a Lifetime Member, etc. However, it didn't last. Oh, it lasted for a while...about three years. One day I got a wild hair to eat some candy, because I could...the rest is history. I gained back over 120 pounds in about two years. My problem with WW was that I was always hungry. I loved the program. But, I was always hungry. I had to obsessively count all my portions, too. Now, they have gone to points...same thing. I'm a Neandernut...I'm on Neanderthin and the best thing about it is that I count...absolutely...NOTHING! No carb grams. No Calories. No points...you see, I'm kind of lazy that way. If you see my stats, you can see that I'm almost there. It hasn't been fast. But, I'm in this thing for life! So, it doesn't have to be fast. I will never gain back the weight because I have NO DESIRE...NO CRAVINGS for any of the "FORBIDDEN FRUITS." That's the magic of this WOE, No Cravings! I don't eat ANY grain products. I eat no Dairy products. See? I'm on a more restrcted woe than Atkins, but I'm a "carboholic," and even a little of the carbs takes me off the "Wagon." Each of us is different. WW is really working for my daughter. It has really worked for my mom, who has been a lifetime member and kept the weight off for over 30 years...although, I think she looks like a cadaver because she has no muscle tone, which this woe naturally takes you to, over time. Her cholesterol is pretty much out of control, too and she has high blood pressure, even though she is thin as a rail. I have her genes. She won't do my WOE because she has been indoctrinated to the thought that this is a dangerous "DIET." In the time I've been on this WOE (about 2 1/2 years, now) my cholesterol has gone down where it is supposed to be, my high blood pressure went away in the second week, never to return, my lean body tissue and body fat index have greatly improved. I take a calcium supplement because that is one thing you have to be a little careful about on an LC woe...I'm told that by my doctor, who really believes in what I'm doing. My liver functions were a bit high in protein and low in calcium, at first but I adjusted my eating to include a few more veggies and a little less protein (made my diet that much less expensive) and take that calcium supplement. I plateau every winter and then lose about 20 more pounds over the summertime. My metabolism is like a wild animal in the forest. Animals put on weight in the winter and lose it during the summer. By the end of next summer, I fully expect to be at my goal, or slightly below. I have been given a new life because of this woe. Even my flab is starting to disappear so, I won't have half my stomach hanging below my knees when I'm in my seventies!