#10   ^
Old Thu, Feb-12-04, 12:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/140/130 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%
Default Thursday

Hi All!
Excuse me just a moment while I scream !!!
OK, I feel a bit better. Why does everything in this country come down to money and special interest groups??? We are in the middle of a national obesity epidemic and all I see out there is one group after another bashing other diets, name calling and trying to promote their own ideas! GGrrrrrrrrrrr! Now I'm mad again!!!! DOES NO ONE CARE ABOUT GETTING PEOPLE HEALTHY?????? If that were really the case, then why do they continue to charge MONEY to do this or that plan?
I signed up for the National Body Challenge just to see what kind of plan it was and what other help you got. The plan is ...you guessed it....lowfat. I will have to say they have some good tips and ideas to help people get started, but here is where I had to start screaming...they had a whole section on avoiding fad diets (like Atkins) and to avoid cutting way down on carbs...BUT on the same page was a commercial for Atkins and a small banner at the top stating that the site was partially maintained by Atkins ??????? Then they had a section about why most diets don't last over the long haul and directed you to the site of a Dr. who would sell you a meal plan complete with lowfat meal replacement shakes, bars , and "Must Have" SUPPLEMENTS!!! This is long haul???????? Well, I just had to get that off my chest!
WHEW!! Hope everyone has a good day!
KAT