View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Feb-12-04, 11:04
Registered Member

Plan: atkin's
Stats: 200/163/160 Female 68 in
BF:
Progress: 93%

The new store, Low Carb Gallery is located at 10431 51 Ave. That's the south side of 51 Ave east of southgate mall by Londaon Drugs.The store hours are posted as 11 to 6 weekdays, noon - 4 Sundays and I can't remember Saturdays. I went yesterday and actually waited about 10 or 15 mins as the store opened late. But I think the wait was worth it. There are both Da Vinci and Torrine (sp?) syrups, a coffee pot set up with tasters/samplers of the syrups at hand, soy tortilla chips, b-bque sauces, ketchups, all kinds of candies, pizza crust mix, fresh baked breads and more. Nothing was inexpensive but I don't think the prices were really high either.

I also got a Steel's caramel sauce which is gooey, thick and rich. I've posted on the kitchen help for a caramel type thing so when I saw this, I bought it! Last night I melted some butter and chocolate, threw in some Splenda and whipping cream and poured it into small muffin papers in tins. Put in the freezer. Heated some of my caramel sauce. Poured it over the hardened chocolate and froze again. Voila, a reasonable facsimile of caramilks. YUM!!

PS The store lists a website at www.lowcarbgallery.com Haven't checked it out yet but will as soon as I'm done here.