View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-12-04, 08:01
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 255/180/200 Male 5'7"
BF:15%
Progress: 136%
Default Changing gears with diet and excersize - need advice badly, please...

HI folks... I have some serious questions that span a few different forums, so if this isn't a proper forum for these questions, please direct me to somewhere more appropriate.

Short back history... Back in December I started on the ANA, My goal was to loose 55 lbs bringing me down to 200 lbs. It was a shaky start but after logging my food and posting questions here, I finally found my groove and the lbs started to come off.

Today, after loosing about 30 lbs so far, I have such a renewed vigor and love of life that I really REALLY want to get into fit shape, not just loose the love handles. I'm starting on what I expect to be a very long road to muscular fitness.

So here I am, joining a gym... I've done my research and I tonight to sign up at the gym of my choice.

I'm just breaking out of the Induction phase and I've moved onto OWL, taking in more carbs slowly.

Can I continue on with OLW as normal (adding on 5g carb to my diet per week until I no longer find I'm loosing weight) while engaging in excersize that I havent done in, well ... ever?

I'm imagining that my weight is going to drop like a stone, perhaps too fast? Should I go off Atkin's and just try to eat as if I were in Lifetime Maintinance? Should I try another low-carb diet approach?

I'm scared of these next few weeks. I feel like I'm about to send my body into chaos, I'm not used to these rapid body changes and I don't want to scew myself over. I've got a good thing going so far and I'm really concerned that if something goes wrong (I loose too much too fast, or god forbid: I start GAINING more fat instead of muscle) that I'm gonna ruin my self-esteem and put my body in jeapordy (with the flux of weight gain/loss and muscle gain).

How should I proceed from Induction onwards on Atkins while suddenly increasing activity by going to regular excersize, from NO excersize?

Am I making sense?
Sponsored Links