View Single Post
  #130   ^
Old Thu, Feb-12-04, 06:39
Registered Member

Plan: lots of meat
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 5 10"
BF:goal: 17%
Progress: 41%

Wendylynn, I know there are some threads around here about skin brushing, also called dry brushing - but couldn't find them - there is a lot of info on the net as well if you do a search.

Basically you have a natural bristle bath brush - a stiff one, you can find them in the body shop, and starting with your feet and working up.. then with your hands and working toward your body you brush your skin with a combination of short and long strokes. When you hit trouble spots - those that are either very dry, have a lot of stretch marks or cellulite you can linger on the spot moving in circles. You also do your armpits and breasts. It may hurt at first so you can start in the shower and use a bodywash, but then start doing it on your dry skin before you shower, or after you work out.

This really does wonders for your skin. My legs feel like a baby's (only with hard muscle under the soft skin) andthe stretch marks on my belly are not even noticable! They used to be pretty bright red.

Give it time, and you'll see and feel a huge difference, my husband is always commenting on how soft my skin is. It's recommended that you do it 2x a day.