View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Oct-01-01, 13:34

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Progress: 52%
Default ...

The point of this thread isn't to convert you to a believer of AM cardio in a fasted state. You either believe in it, or you don't.

Science has prven that you CAN burn more fuel from fat by using this method, so that is why Fern posted ... Most of the people on this board are here due to fat loss issues, so it would be a wise decision to do AM cardio.

I won't cut-and-paste the studies again, as they are all contained in my first post to this thread.

However if GLUCONEOGENESIS is your concern, there are ways to minimize it, if you know what you are doing. Again, these are also contained in my original post.

A little pre-workout caffeine or ECA stack will help you to tip the scales to avoid catabolism ... also taking a post-workout dose of BCAA's (1 gram,per 20 lbs. bodyweight) and a pre-workout dose of L-glutamine (10g as soon as you wake up) you can avoid the slight bit of catabolism that may occur.

This is a case of the benefit (great amount of fat loss) clearly outweighing the risk (slight loss of muscle mass).

Bottom line: It works. Science and lots of real world experience prove it.