View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Feb-11-04, 14:20

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 178/147/140 Female 5'2"
BF:Haven't/a/Clue
Progress: 82%

Although I am sure you would prefer an intimate meal with your boyfriend, there are many things to be thankful for:

(a) you are healthy, and you have family to surround yourself with. Many people have neither their health, nor their family (either they are separated by distance or by death)

(b) you are able to share a meal with people you care for, and can go with the attitude that you can enjoy their company. It doesn't hurt to make suggestions as mentioned in previous posts, and perhaps they will at least go along with one or two

(c) yes, you can bemoan the fact that you are not eating pasta, breading or baked goods (rolls), OR you could enjoy what you can have, and maintain the attitude that you are not suffering, but are CHOOSING to eat this way. The moment we start thinking of all the negatives, and the things we are missing, is the moment that we begin to stray from our chosen way of eating, because we think somehow that we are being deprived.

In the large scheme of things, I know I personally haven't eaten this healthy in ages, and I am not deprived.

Our church is having a sweetheart banquet, and it is being catered. I am sure there are things that I will not eat, but I am also certain that I can choose the things that are part of my chosen way of eating (I checked that it was being catered, because a buffet usually has more selection than a pre-arranged plate of food).

I am going to see if a very special dress will fit - that has been sitting in my closet awaiting an occasion (it is hand made and beaded, and my husband bought it when he was away). It will be my special treat to be able to enjoy both the time with other people, my husband, and a special outfit.

As he is soon leaving again for about five months, this is our special time together.

So, long post to say - enjoy your day; go with the right attitude, and if you decide to stray, or eat something outside your normal routine - just make sure your next meal is back on track, and put it aside as a momentary choice.