#13   ^
Old Wed, Feb-11-04, 14:02
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 185/175/135 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default I read the article!

I read the article last night when I got home and saw my March issue had come. I went straight to that article since I read this post yesterday. I personally got the feeling that the author thought that this diet was unhealthy but even admitted that she didn't give it a try. She talked about symptoms that her mom encountered while losing over 30 pounds.....btw such as muscle fatigue and cramps, loss of memory, hard time focusing......I think these are withdrawl symptoms from the carbs. We don't know if her mom was exercising or taking her supplements...... The author even admitted to trying Atkins but gave in to her sweet tooth. SO someone who couldn't stick it out past induction is definitely not someone I want to hear giving me the "truth" about Atkins. At the end of the article, it left me wondering what she was really getting at. Her mom lost weight and she seemed happy. The article didn't live up to the title.

Basically the magazine was saying that Atkins is good for the first six months but after that people tend to peter out and can't lose the last of the pounds that they need to. Is it just me or is the same true for any diet or WOE? My boss did weight watchers, lost most of her weight....now she's been the same for a year. She would like to lose 15 more but it's hard. She doesn't want to deprive herself just to lose another 15 pounds. The same is true for Atkins in my opinion.