View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Feb-11-04, 12:16

Plan: BFL
Stats: 167/162/167 Male 6'3
BF:13%/10.4%/10%
Progress:

Hi Jen,

I don't know anything about hypoglycemia, but did a little research after you mentioned it. The research does say that a high protein + complex carb diet is best. Will provide a slow release of glucose.

I was talking complex carbs not simple (refined) carbs. I just feel that to increase lean body mass taking on extra fat is not the way to do it, although fat does taste a lot nicer

What sort of carbs do you include in your diet at the moment?

You know your condition better than I do, and what works/doesn't work, so I guess you should go with your instincts and what feels right for you.

I have been training for a few years but never seeing great results so decided to give BFL a try.

In week 5 now and things are going really well, not missed any training sessions and have stuck rigidly to the 6 meals a day plan. Free days are good, mine are on a Saturday.

Last Saturday took the kids out to a Franky and Bennys restaurant and we had the best desert ever,

It is a giant Chocolate Chip Cookie topped with 4 scoops of chocolate ice cream covered in butterscotch/chocolate/strawberry sauce, with another chocolate chip cookie on top then covered in whipped cream It was fantastic, took 3 of us to eat it though, it was huge.

Mike