View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Feb-11-04, 10:02

Plan: Starting sp
Stats: 120/124/110 Female 62 in
BF:
Progress:
Default I've been tested from Swarzbein

I'm just now reading your posts. I purchased the largest package on Swarzbein's online testing. I had both the insuline and my adrenaline glands tested. After, Dr. Swarzbein herself called me to go over the results w/ me.
After that, the dietitan called and discussed diet, supplements, & exercise plan w/ me.

The whole experience was well worth the money. Before my phone calls, the office faxed over my complete results and a detailed outline of custom recommendations. They were similar to the book; however, they varied in that they were tailored to my exact test results and supposably will provide me with faster results.

Dr. Swarzbein spent was more than generous w/ her time w/ me. She was suppose to only talk 1/2 hour - but we talked over 45min. She went in depth about the specifics of my results. All the while, she allowed me to ask as many questions as I had (and I had a lot). We talked about everything from my diet, stress, exercise, supplements....etc. I felt so much better after talking to her. It was well worth the money - if you ask me and I would recommend it to anyone.

Note* I was diagnosed as being insulin insensitive w/ burned out glands. The interesting thing about the test is that there are various stages of being burned out: beginning, intermeditate, and completely burned out. They provide you w/ a special program that's custom to your test results.

The dietitan was also really helpful. It was helpful to go over what I'm currently eating and ask her questions as well.

While talking to the Dr., I asked her if she knew of someone who could offer me support throughout the program.
She gave me the name of a great dietitan who works in LA and follows the programs herself. I've since been calling her once/month. She is wonderful - gives me support , and makes sure I'm staying on track. This girl is great...and I would also recommend her as well.

If you guys have any more questions about my online experience, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Rene