Thread: Clean Induction
View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Feb-10-04, 23:24

Plan: ex-atkins
Stats: 175/105/115 Female 5 ft 0
BF:
Progress: 117%

I approached my induction as going to be difficult and a radical change to my diet anyway, only 2 weeks long, and a chance to clear my body. I had no caffeine, no artificial sweetners, no artificial flavourings, no preservatives (like are in mayo etc).

In my 3rd week rather then go into OWL I stayed in induction but introduced 'gasp' aspartamene (I am a student and Splenda costs a small fortnue) and preservatives, had no problems. The next week I upped carb to be properly 20 (way below on induction foods) to some days 25 and reintroduced caffeine, no problems.

For many people this may not have been neccessary, but I think my strictness on ALL artificial sweetners helped me. I have been a carb tooth my whole life and now rarely strugle with these so called 'cravings'. Every now and again I eliminate all artificial sweetners and high-sugar items (fruit) to see if I can - one time in particular I was disturbed at how hard I found this, but the last couple times have no difficulties cutting out sweetners. I think this is a good sign.

Your reasons for doing induction seem to be that you are stalling badly enough to consider the fat fast. Look over that fat fast - looks pretty awful and limiting. A diet-rite free induction will be better, anyway you cut it. I would go pure for a while, and if succesful, then maybe reintroduce to see how you deal with it.