View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Feb-10-04, 19:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 275/266/175 Female 5'10"
BF:voluminous
Progress: 9%

This reminds of when Jim Fixx, the running guru died while out running. What the media chose to ignore was that he had a family history of heart disease and had outlived his father by at least a decade! Adele Davis died of cancer but she was in her seventies back when getting to your seventies was good! What the media chooses to ignore is that we will all die at some time of some thing and just because we follow a certain lifestyle doesn't mean that lifestyle killed us. It may well be that it kept us alive longer than the conventional "wisdom" would have kept us alive! Even if he had gotten heart disease the usual way maybe if he had eaten low-fat, hi-carb he may have died much earlier and of heart disease instead of the fall!!! Ar-r-r-r-rgh!! Some guy on the radio was really sneering about this despite people calling in to say how much it had helped them. It was SO-O-O-O aggrevating!! I should email the guy!!!! This hits close to home because my dad almost died the same way! OOH-H-H I am mad!!