View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Feb-10-04, 09:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 169/132/132 Female 153 cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi

Hopefully for me, this is a way of life. I know where my last way of life and way of eating sent me... gaining a few pounds every year, until I suddenly had allergies, asthma, and my way of life was leading me to a possible early death, like my mother at age 54.

I love(d) walking, but I couldn't even walk up stairs or escalators for a while. I used to work at a Wine store, and it was honestly embarrassing when I was so tired that I would trip on the sidewalk or stairs. I was concerned that people thought I was drunk!!!

Once I lost the weight, NO, I couln't run up four flights of stairs, but I am able to keep my energy constant all day, so if I do choose to walk up stairs at the end of the day, I don't trip over them or huff and puff at the top.

What I have to keep in mind is not how hard it was to get here (cuz it wasn't hard at all!) but how I feel now versus how I felt then. I'll still have my ups and downs, but the ups are way more common now!

I don't need to super-over-indulge with everything in this life. Everything in moderation, even carbs.

Mare