Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 280/118/117.5 Female 5ft 5.25 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent
Zuleikaa said,

OK Zuleidaa, tell us the truth. You tested "protein type" on the Metabolic Typing Diet test after you were already convinced the high-carbohydrate diet was unhealthy, right?

You see, that is the reason the Metabolic Typing Diet is a fraud and a scam. One can easily see by the question what type they will score. Obese carbohydate addicts will always test "carbohydrate type" by the test unless they have been turned away from the high-carbohydrate diet previously. They are obese and carbohydrate addicts because the carbs make them feel better.

The same can be said for hypoglycemics. They get initial horribly bad reactions to low-carb because of their inability to correct blood sugar properly. They would certainly never test "protein type" on the Metabolic Typing Diet. They also feel an exhilarating boost from the blood glucose surge upon eating carbohydrates. They also feel they must nibble complex carbs all day long in order to feel "good." They always test "carbohydrate type" in the Metabolic Typing Diet but that diet is what caused their hypoglycemia and will lead to their early demise.

Zuleidaa, I am shocked that you are promoting this Metabolic Typing Diet while claiming you are a carbohydrate addict yourself and following the Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. You could easily steer a new comer from this low-carb board into a life on a high-carbohydrate diet that ends in misery and disease. Shame.

Kent

Very interesting, Kent.

You say hypoglycemics have an especially adverse reaction to LC diets at first, and pre-LC they tended to nibble on carbs all day.

When I first started LC I felt *absolutely terrible*, and it wasn't sugar addict withdrawl symptoms (you know the "three day sickness" most people get on atkins). I was nauseaus all the time, the thought of eating made me sick. I litterally thought I was going to throw up when I would eat. This feeling lasted the entire induction and gradually stopped.
Pre-LC I would eat literally all day long. I ate tons of fruit and fruit/sugar drinks all day. When in a position where I was not permitted to snack all day long, I would get symptoms of what I now recognize as severe hypoglycemia.

I've never taken the metabolic typing test so I can't say whether or not I would test as a carb protein or mixed type, but I must say that your descriptions of people prone to hypoglycemia taking awhile to settle into LC fits me to a T.