Old Mon, Feb-09-04, 22:03
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 280/118/117.5 Female 5ft 5.25 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuleikaa
I've read it and it made a lot of sense to me. I'm a protein type so a lc plan fits. However some people are a mixed type or ever (gasp, lol!!!) a carbo type which Atkins might not fit except for the maintenace stage.

Like I said, it made a lot of sense to me. I've never believed in a one size fits all diet world.

I've never read the book, but it does seem to make sense that not all of us have the same metabolic needs. I mean look on this board, some people do beautifully on low carb, some people do not. My sister eats carbs carbs carbs all day, whatever she wants whenever she wants. Not complex fiberous carbs with protein, either, she eats sugars and white breads. Even though she eats this way, she never had the problems with crazy blood sugars and extreme hunger that sent me into a spiral of hunger and obesity.

On the other hand, my sister thinks the way I eat is absolutely disgusting. She hates the taste of "savory", heavy, protein food. She likes to graze on light carby type things. She doesn't have a problem with weight or energy.