View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Feb-09-04, 17:27

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

My, but we're chatty today! I just wanted to check back in with a couple comments.

Michele, about those Dobie Muffins. Yes, they seem to either be too slimy or too dry. This last batch, though, was perfect. If you want a really tasty version, try using the SF maple pancake syrup as the sweetener, and be sure to use maple extract. Another idea is to drop a small teaspoon full of SF jam/jelly on top of each muffin before baking. As it bakes, the jam/jelly sinks down a little and flavors the muffin. I have a regular muffin recipe called "Jam Puffins" that use this technique and they're very tasty.

Also, I was lurking on the PP board (eatprotein.com) last evening and noticed that you're a new member there. It's a great board, full of tons of information. The only drawback I have with that board is that there aren't many posters, and sometimes it's days before you get a repsonse back to a question, and then it's often just the moderator who answers you. But, if you're a died-in-the-wool PPer, it's a good place for solid information.

Orang (and others), about dipping breasts into the wet stuff. I about sprayed the keyboard, too, after I had typed it and was going back over my post looking for typos! But please, Orang, no pics!

By the way, glad to see you back. And thanks for stating the obvious that we can use the salmon recipe on boneless breasts, too. I hadn't thought of that. I can't make fish when DH is home. For whatever reason, the last two times I made fish, we both thought it was excellent, but then DH got violently ill during the night and ... er ... lost it. So, no more fish for us!

Ellie, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me post the pic of you! It's so cute! I could send it to you first, but I don't have your email address.

Elaine, I'm with you. I keep losing the same 4 pounds (166 to 170) over and over again. No matter what I do, I can't seem to get down below 166. I've been trying to keep the calories around 1500 and percentages at 65% fat, 30% protein, and 5% carbs (some days higher, some days lower). I'm going to give it another couple weeks, and if I stay the same, I think I might try upping the calories a bit but keeping the percentages the same. If I use the numbers Orang mentioned, I should be eating between 1494 and 1660 calories. I guess I'm right in that ballpark already. Who knows!

Also, thanks for the tip on the Polaner with Splenda. You're right. The Smuckers with Aspartame is so bad I took one taste and threw out the jar!

Kat, I wish I could lose a pound for every time someone posted and said "I've been stuck at this weight for so long, and I've been so good, and then last night I ate <whatever, but off plan> and I'm down 2 pounds this morning!"

No one knows why this happens. But please don't think that this will happen every time. The most popular theory is that every once in a while (like once in a blue moon, not once a week), we need to shake up our bodies and give it something different. This is also the idea behind the "free day" on the Body for Life plan. "Keep 'em guessing." No one knows why, but gorging on carbs sometimes (sometimes) helps.

Also, Fate is a nice name. How about Karma? That's too funny about the puppy! These things do have a way of happening on their own.

Lissette, good to hear from you again, especially sounding so upbeat. Sorry to hear about your dead treadmill, though it sounds as if you will be able to resussitate (sp?) it. That really stinks about your daughter and husband. Sometimes, though it is hardly any consolation, couples that go through hard times in the beginning form lasting and strong bonds. They'll get through this.

________

OK. That's it for now. My fingers are tired. Catch you all tomorrow morning!