View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Feb-09-04, 13:46

Plan: Superfoods RX
Stats: 270.5/228/170 Female 68.5 inches
BF:TOO MUCH
Progress: 42%
Question Paxil Withdrawal

I must be one of the chosen few who can stop taking Paxil without effect. I have taken it starting in September and discontinuing abruptly in April for many years, to deal with severe Seasonal Affective Disorder (in my next life I wanna be a bear...with sign on butt..>WAKE ME FOR SPRING). I do know that some people coming off Paxil, take half their dose for a while, then skip a dose every other day etc. I guess I am just lucky. I am investigating a light box. Since they are expensive, I would like feedback from anyone who has used one.

Just a note, my entire house is even decorated taking SAD into account. Light colours, sheers only on the windows, I rarely draw the blinds, etc. My class complains that I insist on having the curtains open even on blindingly sunny days. My principal even offered to install full spectrum lights in my room...how is that for support! I know it is partially mental (no pun intended in this forum) but I even find buying myself bright flowers etc. helps me keep the faith that this too will pass and SPRING and longer days WILL come...they do every year!~