#27   ^
Old Mon, Feb-09-04, 12:10
Registered Member

Plan: NHE
Stats: 145/138/120
BF:
Progress: 28%

Kent,

My "other" forum is not connected to Weil, but I know the tone very well. One has to be very, very careful not to mention LC...or there will be a half-dozen posts in a matter of minutes. They are not, however, animal rights activists. Many of them simply had negative results with Atkins. One, in particular, claims to have ended up in ER with a kidney problem. Not being into animal rights, why would this person lie? Why do many others manage to maintain slim physiques while indulging in sweets, etc., just as long as they exercise? Why can't I do it that way??? God knows I tried...for years!!!

Speaking of religion, I was actually raised in a religion that advocated vegetarianism. I was taught that we were not originally intended to eat meat, so it can't possibly be good for us. When they talked about our teeth and our digestive systems, it made sense to me. (They weren't animal rights advocates, either, just human health advocates.)

But when I tried to lose weight, nothing worked! No kind or amount of exercise, not calorie cutting...not portion control, nothing! I couldn't lose an inch or an ounce to save my life. I finally went AGAINST the advice of those around me and tried LC...and voila! The proof is in the pudding...but I had to open my mind to find out. Still, I hear from many who claim they are losing weight with exercise alone, or just by cutting portions or calories, or a combination of both. You think they are lying?

Actually, you could go back to that Weil board and throw Metabolic Typing at them as an explanation as to why low carbing is so successful for you!

My purpose for posting in War Zone was NOT to attack Low Carbing! Maybe posting in War Zone was an implication that I was in some way against low carb(?) If that's the case, then that was my mistake. My intention was to dispel controversy!