Old Sun, Sep-30-01, 13:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/124/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 90%
Default Re: Interesting questions

Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
I'm curious about the high carb stall breaker. I have a faint recollection that one of the lc plans has something like that as part or their system (don't think it was Atkins (?) My minor observation (based on occurrences that may be pure coincidence) are that I lose a couple of lbs after an overt carb intake (I've posted on this recently).

Hi, Liz. The reversal diet is outlined in DANDR, pp. 285-87. Atkins discusses the possibility that, after months on low-carb, your body can become more 'efficient, thereby slowing the rate of weight loss.' He suggests a three-day regimen of high carb, low fat, and low protein. 'The main purpose of reversal dieting is to reestablish the dramatic effect that you must have noticed when you first went on the Induction diet .... you do it to break up a log jam.'

I've been 'stuck' at 138, give or take a pound, for about 6 weeks now; no change in measurements that I can detect, so I think this qualifies as a stall. But I'll do a few things before I consider a reversal diet; back to strict Induction for a couple of weeks, and if that doesn't work, maybe a meat fast. Or maybe just straight into the meat fast. Haven't decided yet.

Rachel