View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Feb-09-04, 06:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

Hello Beannie:

Sometimes it is hard to find that motivation. It was hard for me to find the motivation to come back when my life is happy and my health good.

Two things did it for me. I flew on business in October and had to get a seat extender for the first time. And, I was so uncomfortable in that plant it was ridiculous because I was all scrunched up in those seats. When my obesity is causing me pain, it is time to do something.

Also, we had a roommate for two years that was about 400 pounds. She had to use the breathing machine at night due to sleep apnea and she could hardly move. One day she sat on the floor to get something, and she could not get up. She is ten years older than I am and I realized that I was going the same direction. When you see your future up close, it can be enough to scare you to death. It was my future because I have spent the last few years gaining.

The only real advice I have for you is to take it one day at a time! Yesterday is gone and we know nothing about tomorrow. Just try to make today a good low-carb day and keep going!

I wish you every success! Orchid