View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Feb-17-01, 09:24

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Heyas

I’m in my very early twenties, and ya.. * blush * a male. I’ve been lurking this board, and reading this site a lot lately, and started low carbing about a week ago.

My mom has diabetes and is carrying a bit of weight, and my dad joined in for moral support, both back in November. I have since joined in.

One thing I’ve noticed is that there aren’t too many males on this board, is it uncommon for men to low carb? Is it uncommon for someone younger, such as myself to be low carbing?

One thing that bugs me is the no beer rule. Haha. Ya, I’m a college guy, but the benefits will help my gut, and my wallet in the long run. I do have a few questions, for the long-term low carbers out here.

How long have you all been at this? Surely there must eventually come a time when you feel you can “safely” return to eating a “regular” carbohydrate level?

Also, I’ve been asking all sorts of questions of my parents, every time I want to eat something, I double check to make sure its not a high carb food. I thought I was doing myself a favor by eating an apple for a snack one day, boy was I ever wrong. Is there a ‘ basic ‘ list of “DOS and DON’Ts” available somewhere?

Anyway, I hope to let you know of my progress. My mom has lost almost 50 lbs, and my dad more than 20. Keep up the good work everyone!
Sponsored Links