View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Feb-08-04, 15:16

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Charran

I do understand what you are saying, no offense, but I can not say I agree with it completely.

This is just my 2 cents and probably not worth much but….

When I started I weighed 305, I’m 5’4” and medium bone. I decided I would set my goal weight at 125. Then I changed that and decided I was setting unrealistic expectations for myself as that goal weight was unthinkable for me at this time. So I changed my goal weight to 250 because I believed the first 50 lbs for me was a doable thing in 1 year time, that’s a little over 4 lbs a month. Which, I would have been happy with, anymore was a blessing. Then I would set a goal for 25 lbs every 6 months etc. This was “believable” to me. This is a life long commitment, a goal that will always take hard work to accomplish and then sustain it. Since it took me 47 years to gain it I had no preconceived idea that it would come off fast. No matter what a book told me. I know myself very well.

If, I did 100% of what the “book” states doing the Purist approach, which is the one I’m on I could see those numbers. But, I who have lost 35 lbs in 36 days have “not” followed the plan 100% and it will catch up with me and I will stall. It will be my blunder.

As I’m sure you know the Purist Plan Program -- protein 70%, carbs 25 – 30.
1. Avoid all cereal grains and products.
2. Eat only fresh organic fruits and vegetables.
3. Eat only natural meat and poultry products, or game.
4. Avoid all legumes (including beans, soybeans, and peanuts.)
5. Avoid all dairy products.
6. Avoid all processed foods.
7. Avoid all sugars except occasional, very limited use of honey.
8. Avoid all artificial sweeteners except the sweet herb, stevia.
9. Avoid all caffeine.
10. Avoid all forms of alcohol (beer, wine, distilled spirits.)

Mistakes I have made. This is being totally honest with myself.
1. I still drink coffee
2. I do NOT exercise like it says in the book
3. I have ate dairy products
4. I have eaten processed foods.
5. I don’t always check labels etc.
6. I have not readjusted my number for protein etc since I lost the 35 lbs.
7. I did not go to a doctor to verify if I may have some related medical issues before I started this program.
8. I have not always taken my vitamins and supplements.
9. I drink Protein drinks for breakfast once in awhile.
10. I don’t drink until I float.
11. I do not always keep a journal.
12. When I do exercise I walk, I do not do resistance training.
13. Probably more but I can’t think of any right now.

Okay that is enough self evaluation …. <sigh> I had no idea I had messed up so bad….But it was a eye opener for me.

I have made a ton of mistakes on this plan.

Until I can blame a “book” I have to evaluate myself and see my shortcomings.

Weather its PP, Atkins or some other book, it’s just a book. It’s up to me to make it work or not. To gleam from it what I can and then make the correct decisions. I suppose I’m harder on myself than most. For I have to place responsibility on myself before searching out another source. This is my make up.

All the people who say I failed, this doesn’t work etc are then asked to show what they eat, a large percentage of them are told they are eating the wrong foods and most never exercise.

Now…If the person in question has done 100% that the program states, vitamins and resistance exercises etc than I have no clue and I’m truly sorry it didn’t work for them.

acipenser – Yeah, I saw that same post. <sigh> The "testamonials" are for advertisng and most of those I don't read. I had years of experience with "testimonials" in my pervious job and I know not to believe them.

Lissette – I’m glad you did figure it out and have came back to try again you are doing so well. Good luck.

For me I feel sad for the ones “babies” as Bawdy stated that want to give up before they have really given it a chance. For the “adults” they would be able to answer better than myself why they have stalled.

Thanks for responding everyone and have a great day.