View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Feb-08-04, 14:21

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

good afternoon all, boy you can sure tell it is the weekend. posts get much longer....hehe

ellie--i want to see the new hair do!!!!

blu-- i deffenately agree that some people have unrealistic expectations, and also unrealistic goals. it was posted somewhere on this board before that being a weight loss foreum we attract all sorts of people including those with eating dissorders. i hate to see those folks who are beating themselves up because they cant get from 110 to their 95lb goal and they are 5'5'' or some such thing. i also agree with how the books set us up for some dissapointment by including the "testamonials" of folks that have lost so much in such a such of time, we all expect that is how it will be and don't realize the people in the books are exceptions to the rules. one of the reasons i like the Protein Power book better is there are far less of these examples, unlike atkins books that are chock full of them. we are all different. will will all loose/gain/change at different rates.

bawdy--i was also looking at that ranch/parma chicken recipe. i have some chicken defrosting right now to try it out. i usually do something similar using melted butter with garlic for the "wet" stuff, and parma and spices for the dry. works really well. i also asked you some questions yesterday, but as i though might happen, was late when i posted and thought you might miss it. i will look back and see what it was.

here it is
Quote:
Bawdy: whereabouts in ME do you live? upstate, central?? i am from CT and as most people from CT do, vacation in ME quite a bit. my great grandfather built a cabin on Pleasent Lake, in East Otisfield, and i still go there every summer. i also have quite a few relatives in that region. boy, i have been to a lot of places in the United States, and Maine has to be my favorite place (at least the area around the cabin.

i also understand about the kitty who likes to be on the keyboard. mine likes to walk back and forth in front of the screen.

i tried making the dobie muffins this morning. they smell good. will try them tomorrow (already ate while they were cooking). boy the batter sure was snotty looking though!!!hehe. how do you like to eat them..butter? sf jam? plain?

hope everybody had a great sunday!!!