View Single Post
  #24   ^
Old Sun, Feb-08-04, 10:50
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 280/118/117.5 Female 5ft 5.25 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

I totally agree with adkpam - though I wasn't a binge eater (there was no secrecy or shame about my eating, meaning I never sat alone and ate a bag of cookies that sort of thing) I was a chronic over eater. It was a way for me to treat depression, but because of the way carbs affect mood it only made me feel worse later. Since switching to LC my moods are much better and I no longer feel the desire to over eat tremendously.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the LC food. It is the way the user uses them that is open to judgement. Food is a tool, it's fuel; if you abuse any tool you are going to see poor results. The more efficient the tool (and preprocessed food is very efficient), the greater chance of either noticeable success or noticable failure.

If a person uses the food the way they were meant to, that is for an emergancy substitute or a once in awhile snack, then it might mean the difference between success and failure. If a person uses the food to replace their old junk, this also might mean the difference between success and failure, unfortunately in the wrong direction.