View Single Post
  #72   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-04, 20:49

Plan: The Primal Blueprint
Stats: 148/119/120 Female 66 inches
BF:29%/14/12%
Progress: 104%

A yoga mat would help a lot. They have a sticky texture. I got mine at www.huggermugger.com. The ones at Walmart are fine; I just wanted a longer and thicker mat. Actually with your height you may prefer a longer mat. Another thing I do when I take power yoga or any class that makes me sweat is to use gymnastics chalk on my hands and feet. I also try to remember not to put on lotion before class, but that is the one "girl" habit I have. I don't know where you can buy chalk, they just gave me some at the gym where my kids go.

As far as your quads go, are you referrring to the vastus medialus (sp?), the muscle on the inside of the knee? This muscle does tend to be underdeveloped in women and can cause us knee problems. When my knees were giving me fits my chiropractor showed me some exercises. Some of them involved the resistence bands. I can't remember them right now but will post them if that brain cell gets activated. The one I remember is to sit in a chair with your feet wide apart, legs straight, feet pointing out at an angle. Then contract and release the quad. You could also try leg extensions with ankle weights keeping the toes pointed out.

Jen